Tuesday, November 8, 2011


If you were to look back on your high school years, what advice would you give to someone beginning their high school career? (Simmons)

High school is a place where a lot of drama, gossip and excitement takes place. In order to get through these years one needs to choose their friends wisely. You need friends to share you best, scary and the crappiest moments of your life. Living in a boarding school, which is not big, you learn to love your friends and share you life with them. High school will not be easy, with all the homework from teachers, and you social life. You need to be able to balance both the worlds and in order to do so you need some help. Friends maybe distracting at times, but know that high school is not just about studying. Its about getting to know new people, new faces and learning and growing with the rest. The friends you choose in school will always be there no matter what. You need to choose friends that stick up for you and that want the best for you. Don't choose friends that stay with you because you have the latest designer clothes. Choose friends that are kind, considerate as well as the crazy ones, who make you have the time of your life. My two closets friends who I share a lot of my time with help me to grow as a person and see the different sides of life. One of my friend is the crazy, loud and fun who makes me laugh and entertains me all the time. We have a lot of classes together, while I sit there paying attention she sits with her laptop open and on facebook. I have to keep telling her to pay attention. She is the happy go lucky person. She is always laughing and enjoying her life, but at times life does not always go the way we want it. At these times she gets sad and I never know what to do, but sit there hoping she would talk to me and tell me whats wrong. I learn from her that sometimes you don't need to talk or make conversation, just be there for the person. Some people like to be alone at times and there is nothing wrong with it . My other friend who has a boyfriend and who is really smart, balances her life out. She spends equal time with her boyfriend and her friends. We play a card game called signal and cook every night. She is the hard working and intelligent one. She works hard for her grades, and at the same time learns to have fun with her friends. When she wants to talk about something she just comes and talks about it. From these two friends I learn to balance my life. We may not share all our secrets but whatever we tell each other is the truth. I can learn from both my friends to be hardworking, at the same time fun and adventurous. You should choose friends who you can tell something and they will be ready to listen, who have fun, and want you do to the best.

1 comment:

  1. I am just going to pretend I did not read this. Love what you think of me :P hahahahaha <3 <3

    ReplyDelete